How old are the houses in Manor Road?
Asked on Apr 15 2011,
General in Folkestone |
The houses were built anywhere between 1890 - 1900.
Answered on Jul 29 2013,
We've updated some pointers to this commonly asked question:
- Get a copy of the Title Register (see the link below);
- See if there is a date on the Seller's Property Information Form or SPIF (if you can get hold of it);
- Search 2,000 properties recorded in the 1862 Act register;
- Check your local archives - such as parish records, county record offices or your local library;
- Contact your local planning office at the council (note there might be a delay here);
- Look at Census to find a first mention of the address (published every 10 years);
- See if the houses are on the National Heritage List for England or NHLE;
- Explore historical Ordnance Survey maps;
- Observe the architectural style and features of the houses, such as the type of roof and position of windows. You can then Google search these features and get an idea of their age;
- Contact your local history society or find an amateur historian who can help;
- Find a local surveying firm who may be able to provide you with an idea of age.
Answered on Mar 28 2019,
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
More General in Folkestone questions on AskMe
See more AskMe Q&A about General