The Sunday Times
Saturday March 23, 2019

Inherat right to buy

My partner has secured tenancy for a council flat since 2001 two bedroom flat. I lived with him as unmarried gay partner since 2012. He has cancer and might die any time I know that I can inherit the flat, but it is 2 bedroom flat and they will move me to one bedroom flat . Can I inherit his right to buy the same flat? or can the secured tenancy passed to me before his death? I need to find a way to keep the same 2 bedroom flat we live in it in Pimlico

Asked on Nov 1 2018, General in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hello Aadil, sorry to hear about this situation. Happy to help, but would you be able to clarify whether this is a council or housing association property? Thanks, Ruban

    Answered on Nov 1 2018, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General