The Sunday Times
Wednesday April 24, 2019

Ask for Capital Gain Tax

I'm a landlord of the A509 Adana Building, Lewisham SE13 7FD. If I wanted to sell the property, I would want to know how much capital gain tax I must pay to government and how to calculate the capital gain tax. Thanks

Asked on Mar 21 2017, Selling in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hello - the amount of CGT owed will depend on your tax banding. As well as an annual allowance, there are reliefs such as Private Residence (if you have previously lived in the flat) and Lettings Relief that you should be able to claim. The link to the government´s own website will help - but I would suggest talking to a good accountant.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Mar 21 2017, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Selling in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Selling